Drag and Drop Not Working on Order Tracker
Here is what to do if the drag & drop feature is not working with your touchscreen (but it is with the mouse) on the Order Tracker screen of Wash-Dry-Fold POS.
Disable Overscroll History Navigation in Chrome
Your web browser, Google Chrome, likely has a feature turned on by default that navigates back or forward a page in your browsing history by swiping from the far right or far left side of the screen. This sometimes can cause interference with the drag & drop feature for orders on the Order Tracker.
1. Open up Google Chrome on your computer and type the following into your address bar up top:
2. Next type in the following into the search box on the Flags page:
3. You will see the option for “Overscroll history navigation” – select “Disabled” and then click “Relaunch”
Enable Touch Events
This is a quirk of Windows 10 touchscreen computers using Google Chrome. You will need to edit the file path of your Google Chrome and Wash-Dry-Fold POS shortcuts to enable the drag and drop feature. This affects not only Wash-Dry-Fold POS but also any other web app that uses drag and drop functions with a touchscreen.
This step is needed to allow the drag & drop feature on the Order Tracker page using your POS computer’s touchscreen.
1. Right-click the Google Chrome and/or the Wash-Dry-Fold POS shortcut on your desktop and select Properties
2. Click in the input area titled Target: and use the right arrow key on your keyboard to scroll all the way to the end of the file path.
3. Hit the spacebar on your keyboard to add a space and then type the following text after the file path:
(Be sure to enter a space before typing this as seen in the picture below and please note the two hyphens at the beginning. Please note that your shortcut’s file path may be different than what’s seen in the example image; do not delete any part of it. )
4. Click Apply and then OK