Can I choose my own credit card processor?
Yes, you can. If you want to bring your own processor, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We need a VAR sheet from your merchant services provider to connect their service to your Wash-Dry-Fold POS system.
- If your bank or processor cannot provide a VAR sheet for pcAmerica Cash Register Express, then there is no way for us to connect them.
- The only help we can give you for this process is this link and the pcAmerica support number of 800-342-5729.
- Some payment processors may require a DataCap account to connect; Wash-Dry-Fold POS does not provide this service.
- If you already own a standalone credit card reader terminal, it is extremely unlikely that it will be able to integrate directly with your Wash-Dry-Fold POS system unless it’s listed in the link posted above.
Your effective rate (fees ÷ revenue) is going be between 2 and 6 percent WHOMEVER YOU USE.
- All merchant service providers in the US are dealers of the same 4-5 “direct processors”.
- These direct processors are the only companies who actually have agreements with Visa, Mastercard, etc. Everybody else is just reselling and repackaging their service.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express charge between 1% and 3% for using their cards — there’s no way this can be avoided.
- If somebody says that you will “only be paying .06%,” — you’ll actually be paying Interchange Plus which is 1-3% + .06% + an authorization fee + a variety of other monthly or conditional fees.
- Do research on whomever you plan to use. Always check for hidden “cancellation fees” and annual PCI compliance fees.
Our effective rate is typically between 2.6% and 3.5%, depending on the number of authorizations per month.
We are authorized dealers of 2 of the largest “direct processors” — First Data and Heartland.