Can I choose my own credit card processor?
Yes, you can.
Our system comes with a built-in Magstripe Reader, which is the only hardware needed to swipe credit cards through any processor.
If you want to bring your own processor, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We need a VAR sheet from your merchant services provider to connect their service to your Wash-Dry-Fold POS system.
- If your bank or processor cannot provide a VAR sheet for pcAmerica, there is no way for us to connect them.
- The only help we can give you for this process is this link and the pcAmerica support number of 800-342-5729.
- Their hardware (PIN pad, chip-reader, whatever) won’t work with our software (unless it’s the PAXS300 through a Heartland dealer like us).
- All others must use the magstripe reader that we provide.
- Your effective rate (fees ÷ revenue) is going be between 2 and 6 percent WHOMEVER YOU USE.
- All merchant service providers in the US are dealers of the same 4-5 “direct processors”.
- These direct processors are the only companies who actually have agreements with Visa, Mastercard, etc. Everybody else is just reselling and repackaging their service.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express charge between 1% and 3% for using their cards — there’s no way this can be avoided.
- If somebody says that you will “only be paying .03%,” — you’ll actually be paying Interchange (the 1-3%) + .03% + a transaction fee + a variety of monthly or conditional fees.
- Do research on whomever you plan to use. Always check for “cancellation fees” and PCI compliance fees.
- Our effective rate is typically between 2.5% and 3.5%, depending on the situation.
- We are authorized dealers of 2 of the largest “direct processors” — First Data and Heartland.