- All return claims must be made within 30 days of shipment date.
- All returned items must be received in salable condition with all manuals, parts, paperwork, and packaging intact.
- All returns that are not exchanged for another item will be charged a 20% restocking fee.
- Defective items will be replaced without charge.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Damage that occurred during shipping will need to be resolved through the damage claims process of the courier your order was sent with (typically FedEx or UPS).
- Software licenses and technical support plans are non-refundable.
- No return will be accepted without first obtaining a return authorization.
- Contact us by email for a return authorization.
Did you create this software or are you reselling something?
Wash-Dry-Fold POS is a custom configuration for laundromats of a software program by pcAmerica called Cash Register Express (CRE). CRE is an excellent software program all by itself for many types of retail, rental, and restaurant businesses. However, its greatest strength can also be a problem – it is highly configurable. You can run pretty much any small business using it, but it might take weeks or months to get everything programmed just the way you need it for your particular business. We have already done all of that work for you if you own or operate a laundromat offering wash-dry-fold drop-off laundry services and need to track customers, orders, employee activity, inventory, and more.
Wash-Dry-Fold POS is an authorized reseller of CRE by pcAmerica, offering custom configurations and setup of the software specifically for laundromats along with training materials for your team. This is a service that no other pcAmerica reseller offers. Take advantage of it!
What kind of hardware do I need?
Wash-Dry-Fold POS is now an authorized dealer for POS-X hardware! A complete POS package now consists of the following:
- POS-X ION TP5 All-in-One Windows 10 touchscreen PC with integrated thermal receipt printer
- POS-X Heavy-duty locking metal cash drawer
- Keyboard & mouse
Click here to read more about the new hardware and why we are so excited to partner with POS-X!
We also have several peripherals available to help take your POS system to the next level:
- Integrated weight scale
- Integrated credit card reader
- Bag labeling printer
- Barcode scanner
- Rear-facing customer display
This page will show you what a complete system looks like and provides links to learn more about each component.
Are credit card payments integrated?
Yes! Integrated credit card payments using your Point-of-Sale (POS) computer’s internet connection will help speed up transactions, increase accuracy, and be more secure and reliable than using a separate standalone credit card terminal. Alternatively, this system can operate as cash-only if that is your preference. Click here to learn more about our rates.
Can I choose my own credit card processor?
Yes, you can.
Our system comes with a built-in Magstripe Reader, which is the only hardware needed to swipe credit cards through any processor.
If you want to bring your own processor, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We need a VAR sheet from your merchant services provider to connect their service to your Wash-Dry-Fold POS system.
- If your bank or processor cannot provide a VAR sheet for pcAmerica, there is no way for us to connect them.
- The only help we can give you for this process is this link and the pcAmerica support number of 800-342-5729.
- Their hardware (PIN pad, chip-reader, whatever) won’t work with our software (unless it’s the PAXS300 through a Heartland dealer like us).
- All others must use the magstripe reader that we provide.
- Your effective rate (fees ÷ revenue) is going be between 2 and 6 percent WHOMEVER YOU USE.
- All merchant service providers in the US are dealers of the same 4-5 “direct processors”.
- These direct processors are the only companies who actually have agreements with Visa, Mastercard, etc. Everybody else is just reselling and repackaging their service.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express charge between 1% and 3% for using their cards — there’s no way this can be avoided.
- If somebody says that you will “only be paying .03%,” — you’ll actually be paying Interchange (the 1-3%) + .03% + a transaction fee + a variety of monthly or conditional fees.
- Do research on whomever you plan to use. Always check for “cancellation fees” and PCI compliance fees.
- Our effective rate is typically between 2.5% and 3.5%, depending on the situation.
- We are authorized dealers of 2 of the largest “direct processors” — First Data and Heartland.
Are there recurring fees for your software?
For the base configuration, no, there are no recurring monthly or annual fees for the Wash-Dry-Fold POS system.
If you would like to purchase an extended annual technical support plan, it provides you with 24/7 technical phone support year-round with access to all software upgrades from pcAmerica. This is optional, though, but it is highly recommended for at least your first year of system ownership to help ensure a smooth transition. Please contact us for pricing.
Can your point-of-sale system track my attendants’ tips?
Yes, and you can even print reports showing what is owed to whom when it is time for payroll. Additionally, you can reserve a certain percent of tips paid by credit card for the “house” to help cover the cost of processing fees.
Does your point-of-sale system have a time clock?
What if something goes wrong with the hardware?
Wash-Dry-Fold POS is now an authorized dealer for POS-X hardware! This is excellent because POS-X offers the best hardware warranty that we have ever seen for Point-of-Sale systems: All items come with a standard three-year warranty featuring two-day advance exchange. This warranty is upgradeable for a small amount more to a five-year warranty featuring overnight replacement and includes one “no fault” accidental damage replacement. Laundromats can be harsh environments so it makes sense to protect your investment. With one phone call to POS-X you can get your system replaced in less than 24 hours! We are very excited to offer you this. Click here to read more about the new hardware and about POS-X.
What if something goes wrong with the software?
You can optionally purchase an extended one year technical support plan which entitles you to 24×7 phone support from pcAmerica and access to any software upgrades. Please contact us if you would like to add this feature at any time.
Can it track inventory?
Cash Register Express POS software makes inventory control a snap. You may add an item that has a bar code and track its cost, price, in stock level, which vendor it comes from as well as many other features like discount levels, size and color matrices, sale and special pricing, sales history and many more features.
Is the weight scale integrated?
Yes! We offer a scale that supports up to 150 lbs. and is accurate down to 0.05 lbs. Awesome, right?! Our weight scale comes with a stainless steel top and a remote display with a 7 ft. cord for convenient placement.
Depending on regulations in your area you may be required to use an integrated weight scale that is tamper resistant and certified legal for trade when charging your customers for drop-off laundry by the pound, so be sure to consider adding this vital piece of equipment when purchasing your Wash-Dry-Fold POS system.
Does your point-of-sale system support both prepaid and postpaid transactions?
Yes! This is one area where this point-of-sale system for laundromats and drop-off laundry services really shines. Although there are many types of transactions where you want a customer to pay up front (such as for retail sales or most standard drop-off laundry wash-dry-fold orders), often you will want to be able to accept payment later at the time of order pickup. Here are some videos demonstrating how this works with Wash-Dry-Fold POS:
How are commercial accounts supported with Wash-Dry-Fold POS?
Your commercial customers are able to charge their laundry orders to an open account in their name each time they drop off their laundry for later billing. A receipt is printed at time of drop-off for their own records and yours, but a statement with a summary of transactions can be printed for billing purposes later. Here is a video showing how to set up an open account for a commercial customer:
What’s the reporting like?
Robust! CRE sports a large variety of reports. Here is a video showing how to access them:
Do you ship internationally?
Our system is currently only licensed for sale in the United States and Canada. We do not sell internationally at this time.